The 2023 Cardiovascular Update is sold out.
If you would like to be added to our email distribution list, please send an email through our contact page.
Productivity and Innovation Centre, NAIT
WHAT IS THE CV UPDATE?
This one-day course will provide participants with practical and up to date information on the management of cardiac problems in the primary care setting. The conference will include a combination of workshops, presentations, and short snappers, as well as opportunities for the delegates and faculty to interact.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Urban and rural primary care physicians as well as internists, ER doctors, nurse and nurse practitioners, fellows, residents, medical students, and allied health professionals.
WHAT ARE THE 2023 COURSE OBJECTIVES?
- Explore the future of treatment of atrial fibrillation with focus on novel therapies to prevent stoke.
- Gain insights into the changing landscape of cardiovascular disease states and the appropriate use of therapeutics and interventions in appropriate patient populations.
- Develop an approach to common cardiac conditions including chest pain, syncope, and valvular disease.
- Review optimal care in primary and secondary prevention of ischemic heart disease with a focus on hypertension, lipid management, diabetes, and obesity.
- Survey the family medicine crisis with a focus on how this impacts management of cardiac disease.